Re: xsl:for-each and variables

Subject: Re: xsl:for-each and variables
From: "Larry Mason" <Larry_Mason@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:55:01 -0600

> Given that the spec for xsl changed every month over the summer, and
> installing a new xt is free and only means getting a couple of jar
> files.

What might be "free" in one sense isn't when development groups spread across
the country each with lots of XSL file each have to co-ordinated on (at least)
the namespace change.  If the upgrade were seamless, I would.  Yes, I could
write some script to perform the conversion, but really we're trying to build
our product.  Frankly I don't know what other changes I have to make.  As
schedule permits, I am trying to keep current especially when a new release adds
very useful features (external passing of XSL variables).  Besides we are
already battling a vendor's product that uses a much older version of XT.  Guess
that's why they call it bleeding edge!
Larry