RE: XT and document() and xt:document

Subject: RE: XT and document() and xt:document
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:18:44 -0000
> how can I pass the result of a document() call to other templates?

Same way as any other value:
<xsl:call-template name="f">
	<xsl:with-param name="x" select="document('abc.xml')"/>
</xsl:call-template>

Or you can apply templates to the result of the document() call, though it
is usually better to pass the document element rather than the root node
(because it's easier to match that in a pattern):

<xsl:apply-templates select="document('abc.xml')/*"/>

> I need is to append the node-set created from the
> document() call to the current one. Any idea how this can be done?

Using the union operator:

<xsl:variable name="$a" select="$b | document('abc.xml')"/>

Of course you cannot "append" in the sense of updating a variable in situ.
(unless you feel like using <saxon:assign>, which this community regards as
a crime almost as bad as using IE5)

Mike Kay