Re: rookie questions - Try 2

Subject: Re: rookie questions - Try 2
From: "xsl questions" <xslquestions@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:17:50 GMT
This may not win any awards for elegance but it works:

I had a for-each loop that printed
<filter name> <filter selection>
where name was simply text and selection could be a drop-down or free form text entry. I wanted to switch to

What I did was:
<xsl:if test="position() mod 2 = 1">
   <xsl:text disable-output-escaping = "yes" >&lt;TR&gt;</xsl:text>
   <code to print filter name and selection>

and then
<xsl:if test="position() mod 2 = 0">
   <code to print filter name and selection>
   <xsl:text disable-output-escaping = "yes" >&lt;/TR&gt;</xsl:text>

I could not simply print the <TR> or </TR> because then the <TR> would come in one if statement and the </TR> in the other if statement and this apparently is illegal. More elegant solutions are always appreciated, but this works.

Also - if there are any other new-users browsing this list don't let any &nbsp tags slip in to your code or you will have funky browser-specific formatting issues.