RE: Fwds Compat/Fallback Conformance Puzzles

Subject: RE: Fwds Compat/Fallback Conformance Puzzles
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:35:29 -0400
At 09:50 AM 5/16/2000 -0400, David Hunter wrote:
> 1.
> <y xsl:version="1.1">
>    <xsl:for-each select="//author">
>         <xsl:sort-1.1 select="first-name">
>              <xsl:fallback>
>                   <xsl:sort select="last-name"/>
>              </xsl:fallback>
>         </xsl:sort-1.1>
>    </xsl:for-each>
> </y>

Excuse the naiveté, but what is an XSLT processor expected to do with an
element called sort-1.1?  Shouldn't it raise an error for an unknown XSL
element?

I wondered about that too. I think there's something else going in the code sample, though. Note that the stylesheet root element is the unqualified element y, not the qualified xsl:stylesheet, and that the XSL(T) version is identified as 1.1 vs. 1.0. My assumption was that these questions had to do with a hypothetical "next level of XSLT."