Re: Context node/Predicates in Expressions

Subject: Re: Context node/Predicates in Expressions
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:01:51 -0600 (MDT)
> "body" matches
> node in the current node list that
>   has name body and is in the null namespace and for which there exists
>   some node, N, anywhere in the source tree such that the body element is a
>   child of N.

Oh, interesting. I'm sure that is not the only thing wrong with my
late-night, untested, should've-had-the-spec-in-front-of-me explanation
for John. I'm pretty confident that I butchered the true XPath meaning of
"pattern" as well.

> Since all elements are the child of some node, this last clause doesn't
> make any extra restriction in this case.

Is node() allowable in a match pattern? If so, it would follow that the
last clause would prevent the root node from matching it.

   - Mike