Re: microsoft latest, bug with extension elements?

Subject: Re: microsoft latest, bug with extension elements?
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:47:56 +0100 (BST)
Paul Tchistopolskii writes:

 > Because we have no else in XSLT, I assume you want
 > the preprocessor mechanism in XSLT ? ( #ifdef )

well, no, i think you leap ahead of me. i was just fancifully wishing
I could say:

 <xsl:variable name="processor">
  <xsl:value-of select="system-property('xsl:vendor')"/>
 </xsl:variable>
 <xsl:if test="not(contains($processor,'Microsoft'))">
  <xsl:import href="extras.xsl"/>
 </xsl:if>

 > I don't think it is really needed. XSLScript , for example,
 > can generate XSLT-processor specific java bindings
 > from some high-level 'neutral' binding construction.

true. but, being a kiddie, I don't have that extra layer around in my
simplistic "xml2html" script.

more to the point, I want to distribute my TEI stylesheets so that
they'll be useable by any processor (to the best of its ability)
without any further ado. Or, I can just

 - wait for XSLT 1.1
 - wait for processors to all be compliant

neither of which may be that long

Sebastian