RE: number format test

Subject: RE: number format test
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 18:54:07 +0100
> XSLT 1.0 spec says:
>
>     7.7.1 Number to String Conversion Attributes
>
>     - Any other format token indicates a numbering sequence that starts
>       with that token.  If an implementation does not support a numbering
>       sequence that starts with that token, it must use a format token of
1.

> The last sentence is important.  ...it must use a format token of 1.

Thanks for supplying the correct sequences.

Saxon currently "supports" a numbering sequence starting with any alphabetic
character, though many of these sequences are not especially useful. By
default, the sequence consists of all consecutive Unicode characters up to
the next non-alphabetic one. For example, a token of "x" gives you the
sequence "x", "y", "z", "xx", "xy", "xz" etc. While this might not be what
the above sentence envisaged, I believe this behaviour is conformant.

Mike Kay