images in a pdf from a fo file

Subject: images in a pdf from a fo file
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 03:23:34 -0700
I cannot get images to display in the pdf I generate.  Are there any tricks
and/or can someone help?

Here is the the block that contains image data (Note: the block of text does
show):
<fo:block id="ch02fig01">
    <fo:block>Figure 2.1. Elvis' very first single from 1954: &quot;That's
All Right&quot;/&quot;Blue Moon of Kentucky.&quot; Scotty Moore (l) and Bill
Black (r) in the background.</fo:block>

<fo:block>
    <fo:external-graphic src="graphics/02fig01.gif">
    </fo:external-graphic>
</fo:block>

</fo:block>

I am using cocoon to render the fo file. Then, at the command line I use:

java org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine file.fo file.pdf

to render the pdf.

I have tried quite a few different configurations in the fo file but can't
get a graphic to show. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.