RE: How to display page numbers using xsl

Subject: RE: How to display page numbers using xsl
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 10:37:26 -0400
At 03:56 PM 09/05/2000 -0400, Krishnamurthy, Rama wrote:
        Can you tell me the latest version of namespace that should be used
        for creating web pages using xml/xsl?

        Can I can use http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
        for this purpose or is it only for XML to XML transformations?

Right -- use that namespace for your XSLT. It's not meant for any particular output type or result tree (XML, HTML, CSV, whatever); it asserts that element names in the stylesheet which have the indicated prefix "belong to" the indicated namespace. So:
says that an element whose name includes the "xsl:" prefix is an XSLT element. (What prefix you use doesn't matter -- just that the prefix be associated with the right namespace.)