Re: R: XSL:FO editor

Subject: Re: R: XSL:FO editor
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:47:26 +0000
Hi Carlo,

Carlo Brigatti wrote:

> At the end the result will be a PDF file (using apache fop).
>
> The problem is:
>
> - My actual typographic form have a precise layout (I need to reproduce it
> exactly), of course with images, rules, ...
>   (inside questions: how is possible to draw rounded box around paragraph?)

Depending on your timescales and platforms you could also consider SVG -
several tools allow you export SVG, including Adobe Illustrator, and
although SVG is oriented towards single page documents, Leonard
Rosenthol of digapp has a preview-technology tool
(http://www.digapp.com/newpages/svg2pdf.html) for generating multi-page
PDF documents.

I get the impression that SVG will have a very rapid take-up - I wonder
if this will be good or bad for XSL-FO?

Francis.
--
Francis Norton.