Re: [xsl] CDATA back to its original shape

Subject: Re: [xsl] CDATA back to its original shape
From: Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 17:00:02 -0500
> I should add that disable-output-escaping might not be supported by
> your processor (e.g. if you're using Xalan, I believe) so this may not
> be an option anyway.

disable-output-escaping is indeed supported by Xalan.  The only place it is
not supported is inside xsl:attribute, because the SAX interface makes it
hard to implement (I'm still trying to figure out a technical solution to
this, such as special escape characters inside the attribute string).

-scott

                    Jeni Tennison
                    <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            To:     Ruben Inoto <ris2@xxxxxxxxx>
                    Sent by:                           cc:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:     Re: [xsl] CDATA back to its original shape
                    rytech.com

                    02/15/2001 08:56 AM
                    Please respond to xsl-list

I said:
> If you have your flash object definition tucked up inside a CDATA
> section, then the only way to get it out and make it make any kind of
> HTML sense is to use disable-output-escaping:
>
>   <xsl:value-of select="my_object" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

I should add that disable-output-escaping might not be supported by
your processor (e.g. if you're using Xalan, I believe) so this may not
be an option anyway.

Cheers,

Jeni

---