RE: [xsl] RE: A simple solution (Was: Re: One for tomorrow :-) )

Subject: RE: [xsl] RE: A simple solution (Was: Re: One for tomorrow :-) )
From: "Tim Watts" <timw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 07:53:38 +1000
Daniel, one of the purposes of XML and XSLT is to seperate the content from
the way it is displayed.

To use depreciated font elements sort of defeats the way mark-up has been
designed.

And check again on font support in Netscape. Font-family and font-size are
fully supported in Netscape 4.x and above, and many additional features are
available which font tags can't support. [Core CSS, Schengil-Roberts, 2000]

Even properties which have a "partial" rating - ie font-style, are classed
so because of some small variation from the spec. (oblique should be
available as well as italic in the case of font-style - but show me the font
tag for oblique ;) )

Happy coding,
Tim Watts