Re: [xsl] Outputting literal and 'quoted' tags.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Outputting literal and 'quoted' tags.
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:23:20 GMT
> With Sablotron, all comes out as I would expect it

which is no information at all as you don't say what you expected.

> With Saxon, if I do
> output method="text" I see the <H1> and </H1> tag but all other tags are
> gone

well it's not a tag of course it's just the text <H1>. But that's what
I'd expect you to get. The XSLT rec specifies that in the text output
method you essentially get the same as xsl:value-of ie element nodes
produce no output but their contents are processed so any character data
in those elements will be output.

> Which would be the correct behaviour, and if Saxon does it right, how to
> work around it?

if you are outputting using the text output method generate text, if you
are outputting using the xml method generate xml element nodes.

David