Re: [xsl] performace diffence in MSXSL:SCRIPT blocks

Subject: Re: [xsl] performace diffence in MSXSL:SCRIPT blocks
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:44:23 +0000
Hi Todd,

Todd Binder wrote:

> obviously, using the CDATA helps when you are looking at your XSL
> file from within IE, but if it is going to cause a performance
> slowdown, it wouldn't be worth it.

If you're that worried about performance, and you are using MS XSLT, then I would recommend compiling your transforms into "processors" anyway.

Once you've done that all the parsing will be done at load-time (or wherever you put in the call) and the actual transformations will be substantially quicker.

Even if you're not compiling the transform, you could still pre-load it, which would also remove the parse task from the transform time.

Francis.