[xsl] problems with params and element selection

Subject: [xsl] problems with params and element selection
From: Jan Krattiger <Jan.Krattiger@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:13:10 +0200
Hi all

i allways get the following error, when i try to use a param (which i get
trough an asp file with ...Processor.addParameter "page", page...) to apply
a specified template (like: <xsl:apply-templates
select="document/page[@name=$pp]"/> ). it's not a problem to use
<xsl:value-of select="$page" />! it shows the right value of the param.
"page" (so the asp is doing right). but i think it should also work with the
select statement, shouldn't ?! thx for any help! :

Detailed xsl code:
version="1.0">
<xsl:param name="page" />
	<xsl:template match="/">
		<head>
		</head>
					<xsl:for-each
select="document/page">
name="href">showme.asp?page=<xsl:value-of select="@name"
/></xsl:attribute><xsl:value-of select="@name" /></a></td>
					</xsl:for-each>
			<xsl:apply-templates
select="document/page[@name=$page]"/>
	</xsl:template>
	<xsl:template match="document/page[@name=$page]">
	<h1><xsl:value-of select="title/@name" /></h1>
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

greetz

Jan

Software Developer

Unit.Net AG
Thurgauerstrasse 54
CH - 8050 Zurich

Email:   jan.krattiger@xxxxxxxx
Web:     http://unit.net

The content of this e-mail is for the confidential and exclusive use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, distribution, or reproduction of the contents of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify us immediately by electronic mail at the
above address (or if known by telephone or by fax), delete the e-mail and
destroy any copies of it.
E-mail communications are not secure and therefore we do not accept any
responsibility for the confidentiality or altered contents of this message.
Please be aware that our company cannot accept any orders or other legally
binding correspondence with a participant as part of an e-mail. The views
expressed above are not necessarily those held by our company and not
binding for our company.