RE: [xsl] Re: Re: Increment/decrement a variable in XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Re: Increment/decrement a variable in XSL
From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:21:40 +0200
Petr Cimprich <petr at gingerall dot cz> wrote:
> one should
> consider all solutions including XSLT extensions or even some other
> ways than XSLT. I'm not aware of a context of this problem, it's
> likely that an XSLT workaround is still the best solution.

I haven't yet seen a good enough description of what you're trying to do in
all these posts I'v been reading that would dissuade me of my sneaking
suspicion that you can do it just as well recursively, or that even someone
of my limited skills could do it just as well recursively.

If your problem is that you're not used to recursion and you'd much rather
write iterative processes look at the following page
http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker/XSLT/#loop-compiler from oliver
becker to help you make a recursive process out of an iterative one.