Re: [xsl] Netscape XSL and ' charcter

Subject: Re: [xsl] Netscape XSL and ' charcter
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:37:37 -0400
[Deshpande, Gururaj]

> I am using Netscape 6.2 on WIN 2000 PC. No web server used. All taking
place
> on client.
>
> I have a XSL and XML file (see the files below). I am calling a javascript
> function and passing a parameter using two '  (single quotes) to wrap the
> string. Netscape converts this to &apos;. This is not I want. I want
> netscape to just pass the value with two ' on both sides.

Well, in fact this example works fine with the latest version of Mozilla.
That is, it works once some errors have been corrected.  The way you have it
in your post, the stylesheet is not even well-formed.

Here's the main part I fixed:

<xsl:value-of select="equipmentno"/></a>

Whatever you were trying to do with xsl:text (and it is garbled in your
post), don't do that.

Also, you refer to a variable $plant, but you have not created that variable
anywhere;  I removed the "$" sign to make this work.

Cheers,

Tom P