Re: [xsl] Netscape XSL and ' charcter

Subject: Re: [xsl] Netscape XSL and ' charcter
From: Chuck White <chuckwh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:07:23 -0700
There's been a definite upturn in questions posed to this list regarding
client side XSLT, particularly vis a vis Netscape. I have to think there is
a recent link that is sending people here. I hope that people who are new to
XSLT understand that you need a pretty solid sandbox to run client side
transformations.

There are practical applications for client-side transformations, such as
apps that are built from a browser's API, or just plain old fashioned
tinkering and learning, but if you're just trying to display XML from the
browser and expose your results to the masses, I would think that the
resources involved (from an expense point) would be better directed towards
running server-side transformations.

Charles White
The Tumeric Partnership
http://www.tumeric.net
chuck@xxxxxxxxxxx
Author, Mastering XSLT
Sybex Books, May, 2002

Co-Author, Mastering XML, Premium Edition
Sybex Books, May, 2001
http://www.javertising.com