Re: [xsl] perhaps OT: ?s on native XML DBs and filesystem XML docs

Subject: Re: [xsl] perhaps OT: ?s on native XML DBs and filesystem XML docs
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 05:15:00 -0700
Hi,

Michael Kay wrote:

2) What are people's impressions of native XML DBs? Who is
the best? Who
is the best for a small budget (hopefully much less than 25k)?

I think that learning how to make effective use of any database package, XML or otherwise, is going to cost you a lot more than 25k (in any currency) before you even start paying for software or developing your application.

Well this is definitely discouraging... What do you feel is the required expense? (I am not opposed to paying what is necessary...) I would like to help paying for it by using the filesystem based app until it is necessary to move to the DB. I was hoping to get answers more to the issues of performance and scalability.

best,
-Rob