RE: [xsl] perhaps OT: ?s on native XML DBs and filesystem XML docs

Subject: RE: [xsl] perhaps OT: ?s on native XML DBs and filesystem XML docs
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:10:55 +0100
> Exactly, but I thought the promise of a native XML database, like
> Tamino,  would offer us the ease of operating on the DB like we were
> operating on the filesystem (that is what i got from the
> mareketing...).

If you only want the functionality that you can get from filestore (no
locking, no content-based query, no indexing, no transactions, no integrity
management, no rollback recovery) then go ahead and use filestore.
Otherwise, you'll have to learn how to use these features.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx