RE: [xsl]: Using saxon-fop - NullPointerException

Subject: RE: [xsl]: Using saxon-fop - NullPointerException
From: TSchutzerWeissmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:30:04 +0100
J.Pietschmann wrote:

>At this point the StreamRenderer tries to log the
>total page count. I guess there hasn't been a logger
>set for the stream renderer. A quick glance into
>com.icl.saxon.fop.FOPEmitter seems to confirm this,
>an explicite StreamRenderer is createt there (as a
>workaround for a FOP 0.20.1 deficency), and no logger
>is set.
>
>Because you have the source, you can fix that yourself,
>deleting the statement mentioned above should be sufficient.

Thank you! I've got it to work now, but we decided it was too slow and have
gone for a quicker but far uglier set-up: a Windows script uses MSXML to do
the transformations, very fast, wraps the FO in a tag containing the
destination filename and uses a command-line pipe to send it to FOP. It
makes my hair curl a bit because if it goes wrong you have to start all over
again, but it works...

Regards,
Tom Weissmann