RE: [xsl] Grouping and Sorting on value inside group

Subject: RE: [xsl] Grouping and Sorting on value inside group
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:36:01 -0500
> That would be so, except the generate-id() function has already filtered
> out all but the first of the nodes returned by the key() function.... it
> only operates on the first node in the set, when its argument is a node
set
> (since it returns a string, it has to pick one node and that's the one it
> picks).

That makes sense.  My understanding is that I'm picking up the context of
the nodes in the for-each and comparing the first nodes of each group
matching the respective dataIds (there are multiple groups of nodes each
with a different dataId).  This may be a ambiguity or even bug, the key
reference should probably make it explicit?