[xsl] work with xml elements through javascript in xslt

Subject: [xsl] work with xml elements through javascript in xslt
From: Ming Yu <myu@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:26:20 -0400
Hi,

Here is a task I would like to accomplish.

I have an xml file. For example:
<records>
	<record>
		<element>element1</element>
		<element>element2</element>
	</record>
	<record>
		<element>element3</element>
		<element>element4</element>
	</record>
</records>

And I would like to put a check box in front of each record and make it markable. So, when a user make the record, the element values are saved to a file through an java method called in the javascript. This part is done very easily.

But now, I would like to put a mark all option which allows user to mark all the records at once. So, this requires the javascript to be able to go through each of the records and grab the element tags and call an external java method to save them to a file.

Then, my question is, is there a way to read the elements through javascript in xslt?

Thanks a lot.

Ming