Re: [xsl] some namespacing problems

Subject: Re: [xsl] some namespacing problems
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:08:23 GMT
> than it, even if I set my priority to be something ridiculous like
> -50000(I tried all sorts of negatives from the reasonable to the non)

in resolving which template matches import precedence is more important
than priority, so if a template in a template is overriding an imported
one, changing the priorities will not change that.

  Now what I wanted to do was to try to make a basic catch of namespaced
  elements in a namespace that I didn't know. 

  Finally what I did was something like the following:

  match="*[contains(name(),':'][  #

Of course looking for : in names doesn't relaiably detect namespaced
elements, they may be using an empty prefix (ie default namespace).

You could use
<xsl:template match="*[namespace-uri()]"/>
as that wil be a non-empty string (and so effectively true) if teh
element is in a namespace.

If you want to avoid
You could use
<xsl:template match="*[namespace-uri()][not(self::mmx:*)][...
then don't put that template in your top level file, put it in
its own stylesheet that you import _last_ so that it has
lowest import precedence and so only fires if your more specific
templates matching mmx:* etc are not matched.


This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:

 XSL-List info and archive:

Current Thread