[xsl] some namespacing problems

Subject: [xsl] some namespacing problems
From: "bryan" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:39:04 +0100

I was having some problems earlier today in quite a complicated series
of transforms I've built up.
The problem as far as I can make out is that I have quite a number of
namespaces, about 8, and a default blank namespace.

My highest level importing stylesheet started acting up whenever I tried
to write a generic template it would override all other templates,
including templates of the stylesheet it was in that was more specific
than it, even if I set my priority to be something ridiculous like
-50000(I tried all sorts of negatives from the reasonable to the non)

Now what I wanted to do was to try to make a basic catch of namespaced
elements in a namespace that I didn't know.

Finally what I did was something like the following:

<xsl:template
match="*[contains(name(),':'][not(self::mmx:*)][not(self::rdf:*)][not(se
lf::fnc:*)]"><!--and so on for all the namespaces I was matching-->
</xsl:template>

this worked but I personally find it distasteful, anyone got better
ideas for such a template (that aren't just variations of the same
procedure).

Also I was using msxml, anyone know of any particular bugs that make
msxml erratic in such a situation?