RE: [xsl] Answers to review questions in "Beginning XSLT": Chapt er 8

Subject: RE: [xsl] Answers to review questions in "Beginning XSLT": Chapt er 8
From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:45:49 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Martinez, Brian wrote:

> > From: Jeni Tennison [mailto:jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

> > Given that Wrox has just gone under, I'm unlikely to ever see any
> > royalties from Beginning XSLT. (If you were putting off getting a
> > copy, I suggest that you buy now -- same goes for Mike's Programmer's
> > Reference.)
>
> (Sorry, I know this is off-topic.)
>
> That's quite a shock--and also a disappointment, although no more than it
> must be to you and Michael and other Wrox authors.  And no other publisher
> I'm aware of has offered a definitive programmer's reference and tutorial.
> Any chance that publication rights could revert back to you so you could
> take the book elsewhere?

also, not to sound opportunistic or anything, but what happens to
the WROX books already in stock at bookstores?  i was just down at
chapters (a canadian chain), and there were numerous wrox titles on
the shelf.

by "going under", does that mean just bankruptcy re-organization,
or real death?  will wrox books be remaindered?  that would certainly
inspire me to pick up a couple more, and tell my friends to do the
same if they suddenly become clearance priced.

rday