RE: [xsl] Getting encoding error on svg output

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting encoding error on svg output
From: "Lars Huttar" <lars_huttar@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 16:04:10 -0500
Ragulf,
It's possible that since you're doing the transformation via an ASP file,
and writing the results using Response.Write(oXml.transformNode(oXsl)),
the result tree is being serialized not by the XSL processor but by
something else, and so your attempts to direct the XSL processor to
use ISO8859-1 in xsl:output may have no effect.  (Specifying the
encoding in xsl:output only works in the XSL processor does the
serializing.)
However, I would be surprised that Microsoft's ASP parts
are by default outputting to an encoding that Microsoft's browser
can't handle.

Well, I'm fumbling in the dark here so I hope someone more knowledgable
will answer.
One way to work toward a solution would be to
use an external XSL processor such as saxon or msxsl.exe, to process
your xml with output to a file; then you could try specifying the
encoding as iso8859-1 in xsl:output and it might give you what you need
since you will have the XSL processor doing the serializing.

Lars