RE: [xsl] Getting encoding error on svg output

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting encoding error on svg output
From: "Lars Huttar" <lars_huttar@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:02:47 -0500
Hey, I remembered after I wrote that previous reply that I had a similar
problem not long ago and the answer was given to me on this list.
My output format was HTML, and the solution was that I had to specify the
output charset in the <meta> tag:

I don't know if svg allows this though.

Anyway, I had this problem because I was trying to use non-ASCII characters,
whereas you're not doing anything funny.
So that's especially puzzling.

Did you try removing all specifications of charset from everywhere?
Did you try putting charset="utf-8" in your <?xml version="1.0"?>
statement?
(I think you tried both, going by your first message.)

Also, I would look in the ASP docs, e.g. check into the transformNode()
function and the Response.Write() function and see if either of them
let you specify the output charset.  Might as well check the load()
function too.  :-)

Again, fumbling in the dark.  Anybody else have ideas?

Lars