RE: [xsl] Getting encoding error on svg output

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting encoding error on svg output
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 06:36:28 +0000
Hi Lars,

(Specifying the
encoding in xsl:output only works in the XSL processor does the
serializing.)
I didn't know that. Thanks.

However, I would be surprised that Microsoft's ASP parts
are by default outputting to an encoding that Microsoft's browser
can't handle.
I have not have problems with anything else. Only when I try something like what is shown in my previous post do I get this error. (Anything else being normal static xml to be output in an html page using xslt).

Well, I'm fumbling in the dark here so I hope someone more knowledgable will answer.
I am hoping too :) As well as fumbling in the dark, but I always do that.

One way to work toward a solution would be to
use an external XSL processor such as saxon or msxsl.exe, to process
your xml with output to a file
I have to dynamically create the contents of the svg file, then show it to the user in one pass. Only if there is a way of saving the results, then loading the result and outputting it to the user, all in one pass, can I use the above method. If this is possible, I am very interested of knowing how, since I have no clue (as always, it seems :)).

By the way, I have also tried to save the files as ANSI, as well as (but not at the same time) writing
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> in the top of the xml and xsl documents. Nothing gives other than the afforementioned error.

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe