Re: [xsl] Re: What is the best way to cast integer to string in X SLT2?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: What is the best way to cast integer to string in X SLT2?
From: Andrew Watt <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:34:07 +0100
At 14:47 13/05/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Mike wrote:
> A "Basic XSLT Processor" supports atomic values conforming to the
> built-in types defined in XML Schema. So you can do things like
>
> xs:duration("P10H30M") + xs:duration("P12H15M")
>
> to add two durations.

Except you can't because you can only add two yearMonthDurations or
two dayTimeDurations. Mike meant:

xdt:dayTimeDuration("PT10H30M") + xdt:dayTimeDuration("PT12H15M")

(Also note the "T" in the duration syntax, which separates the
year/month/day from the hours/minutes/seconds.)

Jeni,

I hope DP will be able to resist a comment to the effect, "Well if Michael Kay can't get it right what hope is there for the rest of us?" :)

You can resist the temptation, can't you Dave? :)

I think, if we want the XSLT community to be able to use XSLT 2.0 dates / times / durations effectively some sort of wallpaper matching chart will be needed for a time.

Andrew Watt