Re: [xsl] xsl fo - problem opening pdf file

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl fo - problem opening pdf file
From: me@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:15:15 -0700 (PDT)
>     I am trying to figure out a solution for this
> problem. I posted my question a week back but I got
> only one response and that didn't solve my problem. So
> here I am again hoping someone will help.
>     I am using saxon and IE6.0
IE6 can use saxon! hehehe

>     I have a link on my page. When the user clicks on
> the link, it is supposed to open a pdf file in a new
> window. Instead when you click on the link a window
> opens and immediately an IE message window opens
> asking if I want to save or open the file. For some
> reason IE thinks I am trying to download the file.
This sounds like a misconfiguration with your browser -
which has little to do with xslt - which is probably
why no one responded. "Microsoft support how may I help
you?"

> 3. Tried clicking the link in Netscape7.0. It just
> works fine. This proves that there is no syntax error
> in my xsl file. I have pasted the xsl file that I am
This would seem to indicate that the pdf is being
created correctly. So you can probably not focus on
that part of your issue. Have you tried another
computer running Windows and IE?

> At this point I don't know what else I can do to solve
> this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
You might want to post to a list having to do with
windows setup or something along those lines. There
might be something in "Folder Options" / "file types" -
but I haven't used windows regularly in like 3 years so
I could be way off.

http://treebeard.sourceforge.net
http://ashpool.sourceforge.net