RE: [xsl] Auto-Numbering with conditions

Subject: RE: [xsl] Auto-Numbering with conditions
From: waldron.Navix@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:39:29 +0900
Thanks Jarno for the responce to my question!
It's not exactly what I wanted, but it was interesting never the less because I
learned something new after examining it carefully!

In your example, the Steps are counted in total inside their container element,
so if the container contains 2-9 step elements it apply's styles "abc", but if
the container contains more than 9, it apply's styles "xyz".

What I really want it to do is count the step elements individually so that
regardless of the total number of steps inside the container (for example, a
container with 12 steps), step elements 1-9 would will apply styles "abc" and
starting with step 10, change to styles "xyz".

Thanks for your continued help. This has been a real (fun?) education!
Cheers,
Dee Waldron
Tokyo Japan

Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx@lists.mulberrytech.com on 2003/05/16 15:10:57

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxに返信してください

送信者:   owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

宛先: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:
件名: RE: [xsl] Auto-Numbering with conditions

Hi

> But, what I really want is to modify the conditions so that
> when there is more
> than one and less than 10 steps I can apply styles "abc" and
> when there is more
> than 10 or more steps, apply styles "xyz".

E.g.

  <xsl:variable name="count" select="count(../step)"/>
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$count = 0"/>
    <xsl:when test="$count = 1">
      <!--one-->
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="$count &lt; 10">
      <!--one to nine-->
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <!--ten or more-->
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>

Cheers,

Jarno - Hocico: Untold Blasphemies v.3 (accessory mix)