[xsl] RE: (No Subject) Using XSLT to make a pivot table

Subject: [xsl] RE: (No Subject) Using XSLT to make a pivot table
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:18:21 -0400
Check out this URL
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/index.html
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     "Eklavya Khera" <EKhera@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent:     Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:42:02 +1000
To:       XSL-List@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I think I posted this in the wrong area to start with, here's where it
should be -->

I am having trouble trying to do the following :

I have some information in XML format. They are merely statistics of
suburbs. What I need to do with that information is transform it to a Pivot
table using XSL and also display summaries (totals) of information
provided.

Here are sample field names :
Country
State
Suburb
House Number
Area
Lot Number

>From above, the categorisation can be based on either Country / State or
Suburb or a combination. And then a summary could be total area in a
suburb, or total area in a State etc... There are many more fields, but if
I can get a start based on the above sample, I can continue from there.

Can someone please give me some ideas, sample code will be ideal..

Thanks heaps

Eklavya Khera
Consultant
Groupware Consulting Pty Ltd