RE: [xsl] Searching a group of xml documents

Subject: RE: [xsl] Searching a group of xml documents
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:11:28 -0700
Hi,

I would look at Jakarta Lucene for this purpose. Following is a brief
overview, since doing it this way is off-topic for the xsl-list.

You create an index by passing your content through a ContentHandler. Each
time you come across the desired elements you add the content as Field to
the document's indexed instance.

After indexing your content you can run a query against it to get back a
List of Hits. You iterate through the Hits to get each Lucene Document
instance and then get the value of the Fields you identified in the
ContentHandler.

Best,
-Rob