Re: [xsl] Seeking a valid mdash

Subject: Re: [xsl] Seeking a valid mdash
From: "William BC Crandall" <bc.crandall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:27:04 -0700
Could be Redmond.

Very strange: The test file below is on my local file system.
>From http://validator.w3.org/, opening and validating the file
with IE 6.0.2800.1106, draws the "Sorry,... us-ascii...".

Same file, opened and validated through Mozilla 1.4
[Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624]
returns:

   This Page Is Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict!

What a pain.

I would still like to know any thought towards my second question:

2. What instructions/code can I put into a source xml document that
will produce the ascii string "&#8212;" in my xml/xhtml output document,
after Xalan xslt processing?

Thanks again to everyone.

William BC Crandall
Post Office Box 187