Re: [xsl] RE:

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE:
From: "Simon Bretin" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:10:45 +0200
Sorry to jump in on this ... But I'm having similar troubles !

> > Can a single xsl take two inputs.
>
> yes by using the document() command
>
> for example you can place the value of an external xml file in a variable
>
> <xsl:variable name="myxml" select="document('somefile.xml')"/>
>

> you would then perform transformations on it by refering to the variable
>
> e.g.
> <xsl:value select="$myxml//test"/>
>
> would output the value of a <test/> element.

I thought this thing was not working with XSL 1.0 since the variable would
only contain text, and not a node-set.

> btw you will have to understand about RTF and using the common node-set
extension function if you want to get any further doing stuff with this.

Could you please elaborate a little bit more on that point. Just reading the
EXSLT doc was not enough for me to understand the use of the new node-set
function.

Thanks for the help,

Simon.