RE: [xsl] Critique/comments sought: XML/XSLT website documentation project

Subject: RE: [xsl] Critique/comments sought: XML/XSLT website documentation project
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:01:25 -0700
Hi,

First, really nice work in the math and XSL.

I just had some time to play around with your XSL. I modified it to work
with our site.xml. I changed a few things to enable it to layout out larger
sites as well.

The global lineLength param was lengthened to 220 so folders with several
pages wouldn't bunch up so much. In some ways the bunching is good because
it tells you that usability will suffer, but sometimes you need to have many
pages in a folder...

I changed the template/@name & call-template to a template/@match &
apply-template. I couldn't get rid of the for-each and strictly use
apply-templates because it would not change the child's angle. I don't know
why apply-templates doesn't work in place of for-each???

Since we have folder and page nodes I multiplied the cx and cy variables for
folders by 4 to give more room for larger sites. In doing so, I still get
overlaps. Perhaps you have plans for collision detection? :)

Another feature might be to add interactivity where you can click on a node
to expand/collapse it (and center the node clicked in the viewport).

Cool stuff - thanks for posting it,
-Rob