RE: RE: [xsl] XPATH

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] XPATH
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:03:16 -0000
> Its not my goal to change anything, I just wanna make sure
> that the length
> value in the Sub type has the same value as the
> SUBSTREAM_length element.
> But I dont know and dont need to know this value . I was
> hoping Xpath could
> be used but I'm getting a lot of negative reactions :(

The negative reactions are because you aren't stating your requirements
very clearly.

"I wanna make sure that" has at least two meanings:

* I want to test whether [the two things have the same value]
* I want to change [one thing to have the same value as the other]

Unless you can start writing a clearer specification of your
requirements, we might as well all go home.

Michael Kay