RE: [xsl] XSLT vs Perl

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT vs Perl
From: "Jim Fuller" <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:40:05 -0000
> > XML Schema is dead on arrival, always was dead.... it never
> > happened......so the W3C had a bad day, so what, lets get
> over it and
> > use RELAX NG and move on, or at the very least translate to
> XML Schema
> > at the last moment.
>
> You have to be joking. Yes, I know the arguments against XSD.
> But to say
> it is dead with all the industry support, which *dwarfs* RNG,
> is crazy.

Industry support aside, after 17 serious projects, with budgets ranging
from £15k to £785k, using XML technologies.... I have not used XML
Schema once commercially; perhaps I have auto generated some code from
external xml schemas, or converted an XML schema to RELAXNG, but that
was it.

....perhaps this is because I am always creating a certain type of
project....I just personally think XML schema never stuck, yes it has
inertia, yes every time I start architecting a new project I have every
intent to use it if I must....

Cheers, Jim Fuller