Re: [xsl] xhtml -> xsl:fo transform guidelines/issues

Subject: Re: [xsl] xhtml -> xsl:fo transform guidelines/issues
From: Tokushige Kobayashi <koba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:40:20 +0900
The single XML input to similar XHTML or XSL-FO output will be possible
output.

But you may also try two step transformation that it: XML to XHTML,
then XHTML to XSL-FO transformation.

Here is the stylesheet for XHTML to XSL-FO transformation.

http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/XSLsample.htm

I hope it will be helpful for you.

Regards,

> reply ro the mail
> From:scott gabelhart <swgabel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Dated: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:49:25 -0500
> Subject: [xsl] xhtml -> xsl:fo transform guidelines/issues

I posted this message a few days back to this list and have seen no replies.

Is there any tips or suggestions specifically around issues when
converting XHTML output to XSL->FO?

The reason I ask is I am currently transforming my nested xml input file
into xhtml output; but when I use that same xml input file to create my
xsl:fo output I am running into numerous errors. Specifically I am
encountering alignment and formatting issues of my XSL->FO output
compared to my xhtml output.

I have parsed my xml input file to match html output that I am
receiving. I want if at all possible have the structure of my single xml
input file drive both transformations (xhtml, xsl:fo) to drive identical
output.

Thanks in advance.

- Scott

Tokushige Kobayashi