Re: [xsl] xhtml -> xsl:fo transform guidelines/issues

Subject: Re: [xsl] xhtml -> xsl:fo transform guidelines/issues
From: scott gabelhart <swgabel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:35:51 -0500
Tokushige Kobayashi wrote:

The single XML input to similar XHTML or XSL-FO output will be possible output.

But you may also try two step transformation that it: XML to XHTML, then XHTML to XSL-FO transformation.

Here is the stylesheet for XHTML to XSL-FO transformation.

http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/XSLsample.htm

I hope it will be helpful for you.

Regards,

reply ro the mail From:scott gabelhart <swgabel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dated: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:49:25 -0500 Subject: [xsl] xhtml -> xsl:fo transform guidelines/issues

I posted this message a few days back to this list and have seen no replies.

Is there any tips or suggestions specifically around issues when converting XHTML output to XSL->FO?

The reason I ask is I am currently transforming my nested xml input file into xhtml output; but when I use that same xml input file to create my xsl:fo output I am running into numerous errors. Specifically I am encountering alignment and formatting issues of my XSL->FO output compared to my xhtml output.

I have parsed my xml input file to match html output that I am receiving. I want if at all possible have the structure of my single xml input file drive both transformations (xhtml, xsl:fo) to drive identical output.

Thanks in advance.

- Scott

Tokushige Kobayashi
Antenna House, Inc.
E-mail koba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW    http://www.antenna.co.jp/
WWW    http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)
TEL    +81-3-3234-1361(direct call)
FAX    +81-3-3221-9975

Antenna House XSL School
http://www.antenna.co.jp/XML/school/xslday.htm

Tokushige,

thanks for the reply. Are the samples you directed me to look at for this two step transformation "purely" XSL->FO or do they contain antennahouse extension in order to function properly?

- Scott