Re: [xsl] background in block container

Subject: Re: [xsl] background in block container
From: "Mark Williams" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:25:09 -0000
Hi,

Still having problems with backgrounds in block-containers.

The following works as I would expect it to, placing the border on the
region-body's left and top margins and at the require width and height:

<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
 <fo:block-container position="absolute" left="0cm" top="0cm" width="19cm"
height="27cm" background-color="rgb(192, 192, 192)" border-color="rgb(0, 0,
0)" border-style="solid" border-width="1pt">
  <fo:block>&#160; </fo:block>
  </fo:block-container>

However, if instead of width and height I specify right and bottom
coordinates of 0cms, I thought that, in accordanc with the spec I would get
a borders that would correspond precisely with all of the region-body's
margins (Eg the spec says of the right property: "This property specifies
how far a box's right margin edge is offset to the left of the right edge of
the box's containing block").

Instead I get a miniscule block in the top left corner.

Can anyone please tell me why?  How do I draw a block-container with
reference to the bottom and right margins?

Unfortunately, it is impracticable for me to use width and height settings
because the page-sequence may contain repeating-alternatives for first, odd
and even pages, any of which can have different margin settings.

TIA for any help.

Regards,

Mark Williams