RE: [xsl] Schema-aware processors - W3C schemas only?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Schema-aware processors - W3C schemas only?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:51:38 GMT
> I'm reasonably confident,
Oh good (I wasn't, but you're in a better position to know:-)
You might have gathered that I'm not the worlds biggest fan of Xpath 2
but I would like to see XSLT2 succeed (even if it is stuck with an
Xpath2 that's more or less like the current draft)

>  no-one wants to be in the WD-xsl
> position of having to support a draft that turned out not to be as final as
> they thought it would be
The problem with that wasn't announcing or releasing test versions (xt,
saxon xalan nee lotusxsl all survived, more or less) it was releasing it
as a non-beta component of a piece of software that was then distributed
to 90% of the world's desktops...

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew