Re: [xsl] killing xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] killing xslt
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:05:25 +0100
----- Original Message ----- From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 11:57 AM

With a little software development experience, I'd suggest a port of the current Saxon would be a sufficient challenge?

Without a doubt this is going to be something that I believe will be just about every combination of enlightenment and frustration with everything in between. So I agree, phase 1: porting existing Saxon 7.9.x to C#/.NET will be sufficient to keep myself and Pieter busy for quite some time. And never missing an opportunity to reach out for more support, please contact Pieter (mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx) if you would like to extend any level of development effort towards this project.

You may find it easier to convert to J#, the tools for doing that seem more reliable. That's how the MS team moved Quake to .NET.
If that's possible you can then go to MSIL and then back into C# :)

--

Joe (MVP - xml)