RE: [xsl] Is it possible to get " " in output rather than the encoded character?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Is it possible to get " " in output rather than the encoded character?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:08:05 +0100
> Hi Ken, thanks for this info.  Are you saying that by
> outputting a single
> character rather than the text "&nbsp;" that the processor is
> non-conformant
> (I think you're saying that section 16.2 makes this optional), or that
> getting an 0xFF byte in the stream rather than an 0xA0 is the problem?

It certainly would be non-conformant to output 0xFF here, but I suspect Ken
was jumping too quickly to blame the software. I would want to look very
carefully at how you invoked the processor - in particular, how the result
tree was serialized - and at exactly what you did to the output before
finding that 0xFF byte.

Michael Kay