Re: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes issue
From: "James A. Robinson" <jimr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:36:57 -0700
> Actually it is critical to declare the other xmlns attributes.  Now
> whether I do it at the element or the stylesheet level  does not really
> matter to me if there is a way to do it.

Hi,

I probably didn't phrase myself clearly enough. I think everyone trying
to help has the same understanding that it is critical that the namespace
prefixes get declared somewhere in your output.  The question is, do
you care where in the output other namespaces are declared? If not,
then I think the example I sent earlier ought to work with any standard
XML processor.

> several scenarios but have been unsuccessful getting the exact output I
> need.  Right now I am the removal of one namespace away from my desired
> result.
>
> I just need the namespace tied to the <SOAP-ENV:Body xmlns:SOAP-ENV =3D
> "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope"/> removed.

Would you clarify if you mean the removal of the xmlns:SOAP-ENV attribute,
or if you actually mean the removal of the namespace?  If you mean the
former, and you're using normal XML processors, then I believe what I posted
earlier should do the trick.

If you actually mean 'removal of the namespace' then that would indicate
you don't want to declare the namespace for SOAP-ENV anywhere at all.

The reason for all this confusion, at least on my part, is that I
don't see any reason to declare

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
    <SOAP-ENV:Body/>
    <MCF-ENV:MCFSOAPHeader xmlns:MCF-ENV="http://www.MCFmarket.com/soap/"/>
</SOEAP-ENV:Envelope>

instead of

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
    xmlns:MCF-ENV="http://www.MCFmarket.com/soap/";>
    <SOAP-ENV:Body/>
    <MCF-ENV:MCFSOAPHeader/>
</SOEAP-ENV:Envelope>

because both are supposed to mean the exact same thing to a
namespace aware XML processor.

Jim
James A. Robinson                       jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Stanford University HighWire Press      http://highwire.stanford.edu/