RE: [xsl] Re: Saxon + xalan - error

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Saxon + xalan - error
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:56:30 +0100

> Is there any way to make the changes in the xhtml (in
> the dtd path) via an xsl file. i.e. the xhtml file
> should not be opened and edited by the user, it should
> be done automatically by a xsl file. something like a
> copy paste everything but change the
>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
>  Transitional//EN"

I don't think you have yet understood that it is the XML parser, not the
XSLT processor, that is trying to fetch the DTD from the web. To prevent it
doing this, you either need to modify the XML source before the XML parser
sees it, or you need to use a mechanism such as an EntityResolver or OASIS
catalogs to cause the XML parser to fetch the DTD from somewhere other than
the location identified by this URI.

Michael Kay