RE: [xsl] Passing empty parameters discard parameters default value

Subject: RE: [xsl] Passing empty parameters discard parameters default value
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:58:44 +0100

> I am having problems with passing empty parameters (no
> with-param specified) that discard default values of
> parameters. When I am calling the template and passing no
> value I want the template to use its default value.
>
> Example:
>
>   <xsl:template name="mytemplate">
>     <xsl:param name="p"/>

This is exactly the same as specifying

<xsl:param name="p" select="''"/>

that is: $p is given a value which is the zero-length string. You are then
supplying this value to the other template. The only way to get the second
template to use its default value for the parameter is to omit the
xsl:with-param from the call.

Michael Kay