[xsl] Multiple IDs

Subject: [xsl] Multiple IDs
From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:19:57 -0500
I could swear this came up somewhere recently, but right now I can't find it. In XPath 1.0, what does the id() function do if there are multiple elements in the document with the specified ID? (This is possible, even though invalid.) Should it:

1. Report an error?
2. Return the first one in document order?
3. Return a node-set containing all of them?
4. Something else?

-- Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx XML in a Nutshell 3rd Edition Just Published! http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xian3/ http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0596007647/cafeaulaitA/ref=nosim