RE: [xsl] Instant Saxon and JVM/Class path

Subject: RE: [xsl] Instant Saxon and JVM/Class path
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:50:20 -0000
Instant Saxon was shipped in the days when Microsoft supplied a Java VM as
part of the operating system - the idea was that you could run it "out of
the box" without installing anything else. Sadly, Microsoft's initial
enthusiasm for Java waned and you now have to install Java yourself. If
you're using Windows XP then it's best to install Sun JDK 1.5 and use the
"full Saxon" product rather than using "Instant Saxon", which only works
with the old Microsoft JVM.

(I thought this was made pretty clear in the documentation....)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/